Thursday 4 June 2015

I Made My Own Laundry Soap!

soap ingred
My prior knowledge of soap-making comes from reading about it in the Little House books, which I have read more times than I can count, I wore my first set out. I am happy to tell you there is no lye or ashes involved, although I do have a sore throat today, which may be the change in the weather, but I think it’s from breathing in the soap, next time I will wear a face mask or a scarf, you may want to do that too. I didn’t bother with gloves, part of the reason I wanted to do this myself is so that I know it’s not harmful to my skin, and has less environmental impact. And cheap, did I mention it’s cheap? I bought 4 lb. boxes of borax and washing soda and 3 large bars of soap in a kit (from a popular online retailer) for about $26, delivered, and the jug of vinegar is about $1, I am not sure how many loads of laundry that is, but for the bar soap I am estimating 150 minimum.
soap tools
soap finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...